It’s no secret that we are living in a world dominated by the Internet. There are endless sources for information, answers to nearly every question, countless connections to be made and all of it readily available at our fingertips. During a time when everybody has something to say and a place to say it, new content constantly emerges.
In all of the commotion, how can we possibly work to get our message heard? You guessed it, blogging.
Blogs come in all different shapes and sizes. There are travel blogs, mommy blogs, self-help blogs… You name it, there’s probably a blog about it. However, across all of this diversity, blogs serve the same general purpose: a blog is an outlet for thought, information and a way to speak somewhat candidly with an intended audience. That being said, we certainly should not undervalue the power of blogging, particularly in the realm of business.
For businesses, a blog can serve as so much more than just a place to write what you want to write. Blogging is arguably becoming one of the most valuable tools in marketing. If you are questioning whether blogging for your business is worth your time and energy… look no further, you are in the right place.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider implementing blogging to your marketing strategy:
- It’s free
- Aside from your time, creating a business blog will not cost you a dime. There are countless blogging platforms available online to use, free of charge. You’ve been looking for ways to generate leads and get your name out without straining your budget… here you go!
- It builds relationships with customers
- Humans are information seekers, and a blog will allow your business to be the one who provides it. Say, for instance, a mother of three is curious about which toys are the best in terms of safety and child development. She (of course) turns to the World Wide Web for answers and finds a blog post published by a toy company on the subject. When Christmas season rolls around, you better believe she is going to remember who told her how to keep her babies safe! This story exemplifies how a business blog can create a sense of loyalty in customers. More than that, a blog allows you to add personality to your brand ̶ something people can connect with.
- It will boost your Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- For search engines, new content is gold. By implementing a business blog, you are providing them with that gold ̶ and trust me, they are going to pay you back. The more you blog, the more visible your business will become, and ideally, the more leads you will generate. To put it in numbers for you, companies that blog receive 97% more inbound links and achieve 67% more monthly leads than those that do not. But that’s not all; blogs bring more people to spend more time on your site ̶ further increasing your SEO.
- The Return on Investment (ROI) is UNREAL
- According to HubSpot’s State of Inbound 2014 report, businesses who prioritized blogging were 13 times more like to enjoy a positive ROI. Like I said before, blogging is essentially free advertising. With the increased visibility and leads, and formation of relationships with publics, the statistics show that the returns are worth every penny that you “don’t” spend. Further, 70% of customers say that blogs influence what they buy. In short, blogging pays off, literally.
- Blogs permit interaction and every time they do, your business receives free publicity and credibility.
- Unlike many marketing techniques, blogs allow consumers to interact with your business. Blogs can provide people with the opportunity to comment, share their insights and opinions, as well as feel heard and included. What’s more? Blogs are conducive with sharing. Businesses can link posts to their social media sites and email distributions so people can share, every time they do, your business receives free publicity and brand creditability.
When it comes down to it, a business blog might just be what your marketing mix is missing. Show the world what your business has to offer! *cough cough valuable content.* So get to brainstorming! No clue where to start? Check out this Forbes instructional article on how to create the perfect business blog.